As a follow-up to the April 23, 2020 announcement about resuming all treatments for patients in the month of May, Dr. Dayal outlines further plans for SIRM St. Louis’ reopening. We encourage you to watch the video below and Click Here to Learn More about our current operating procedures: SIRM St. Louis Patient Process.
SIRM St. Louis Telemedicine- Continue your family building journey while you stay home and stay safe.
At SIRM St. Louis, the health and safety of our patients, community and staff is our priority. Although we have begun opening up in-person treatment appointments starting in May, due to the need to continue to adhere to social distancing guidelines, we are only scheduling consultations by Telemedicine.
We know this is a stressful time and infertility is time sensitive, so we are committed to continuing to provide you with the valuable expertise you deserve. Whether you are a wishing to speak to a fertility specialist for the first time or are an existing patient, Telemedicine is a great way to connect with our team while protecting yourself from the risk of transmission.
Click Here to Schedule A Telemedicine Appointment
What is Telemedicine and how does it work?
- Telemedicine allows our patients to receive the same care and attention as an in-person visit.
- Those seeking their first fertility consultation can have their questions answered and be one step ahead once it is safe to schedule an in-person appointment.
- Current patients can stay connected with their care team.
- SIRM St. Louis offers Telemedicine appointments by Zoom Healthcare to facilitate video chat or appointments are available by phone
- Appointments are available Monday-Friday
- Currently there is no set standard for insurance providers regarding Telemedicine. However, in the midst of this pandemic, many providers are offering coverage and we encourage you to contact your provider for their coverage policy